The museum is presently closed for expansion and renovation. The galleries will reopen on January 26!
26 January, Saturday, 11:00-5:00 pm
Join us for a free open house and explore the new Hood Museum of Art! Seek out some of your favorite works and discover exciting new ones. Wander on your own, or use our fun prompts to guide you. Our staff will be on hand to answer questions. Hot coffee, cider, and other refreshments will be available in the new atrium, along with T-shirts and other giveaways while supplies last. Enjoy live music in the afternoon and learn about our upcoming programs while you’re here.
Dartmouth Student Opening Party
31 January, Thursday 8:30–11:00 pm
It’s time to meet the new Hood Museum of Art! Exclusively for Dartmouth students, this evening promises art, live music, performances, food, and drinks (21+) all night. Free and open to all Dartmouth graduate and undergraduate students.
3 February, Sunday 12:00-5:00 pm
Meet the Museum
Get creative together! Drop in for an afternoon adventure in the new Hood. Try in-gallery activities, explore the museum on your own with a family guide, and create your own artworks to take home. For children ages 4 to 12 with adult companions. No registration is required.
Hours Starting January 26
Wednesday, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
Thursday–Friday, 11:00 am–8:00 pm
Saturday–Sunday, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Free and open to everyone.
Guided Group Tours
Guided group tours (for non-K-12 school groups) are available by appointment. Call 603-646-1469 for information. School groups click here.
Learn more about the expansion project.
Recent Press Coverage:
- “The Hood Museum of Art gears up to reopen following renovation,” Wallpaper
- “Tod Williams Billie Tsien's Hood Museum Overhaul Will 'Knit Together' Its Postmodern Predecessor,” Dezeen
- “Back to bigger better art school: Dartmouth’s Hood Museum of Art to reopen in January,” Art Newspaper
- “TWBTA's Hood Museum of Art makeover scheduled to open in January 2019,” Archinect
- “Following Expansion Project, Hood Museum of Art to Open in January 2019,” Artforum
- “A NH Art Museum Faces the Future,” The Boston Globe