We look forward to seeing you soon!
Hours and Location
Wednesday, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
Thursday–Friday, 11:00 am–8:00 pm
Saturday–Sunday, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Hood Museum of Art, Dartmouth
6 East Wheelock Street
Hanover, NH 03755
Free and open to everyone.
Conversations and Connections
10 July, Wednesday, 12:30–1:30 pm
Making Art / Making History: The Studio and the Museum
John Stomberg, Virginia Rice Kelsey 1961s Director and Enrico Riley, Professor of Studio Art, Dartmouth
This talk tracks the special relationship between art and exhibitions, and between artists and curators.
Hood After 5
12 July, Friday, 5:00–7:00 pm
By students, for students! This new program promises a lively mix of art, food, and entertainment. Organized and hosted by the Museum Club. Free and open to all Dartmouth undergraduate and graduate students.
Mindfulness in the Museum
19 July, Friday, 12:15–1:00 pm
Take a moment out your busy week to slow down and reflect upon works in galleries. Guided mindfulness will be led by a member of Dartmouth’s Mindfulness Practice Group. No experience required. Walk-ins welcome.
Upcoming Hood Highlights Tours
Discover various works in the galleries through these guided tours. Meet at the Visitor Services desk in the Russo Atrium.
- 13 July, Saturday, 2:00–3:00 pm
- 3 August, Saturday, 2:00–3:00 pm
Learn more about our now-concluded expansion and renovation project.
Recent Press Coverage:
- "A Restrained Remodel," The Wall Street Journal
- "After Renovation, Reopening of Hood Museum Expands Visitors' Access to Art," Valley News
- "Verbum Ultimum: Big Green Dues," The Dartmouth
- "The Buzziest and Most Beautiful Museums Opening in 2019," Artsy
- "From West Palm Beach to Weimar, Here Are 13 Major Museum Openings + Expansions Set for 2019," Artnet News
- “A NH Art Museum Faces the Future,” The Boston Globe