The Museum Club
Museum Club members serve as a bridge between the museum and the student body.
Interested in learning more about museums? Join the Museum Club!
The Museum Club brings together students who share a common interest in art, material culture, and museums. Museum Club members serve as a bridge between the student body and the museum by promoting awareness of the Hood's collections and resources, planning and hosting student events, and advising Hood staff.
- All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to join, regardless of class year or familiarity with museums and/or art. Space may be limited.
- Club members will work together to organize the once-a-term Hood After 5 event series.
- Club members must be available to attend additional museum and/or campus events as a volunteer representative of the Hood at least once a term. Examples may include the annual Mimosas at the Museum event in June, Orientation Week, etc.
Why is the Museum Club awesome? Club members will:
- Work with museum staff to launch new student engagement initiatives.
- Plan and host fun and creative events at the Hood for students and campus audiences.
- Be the first to get museum swag and behind-the-scenes opportunities.
- Gain experience working with museum professionals in a museum setting.
- Meet other students who are interested in museums/the arts over weekly meetings (Thursdays 5-6pm) with food.
If you are a Dartmouth student interested in joining the Museum Club during the winter 2020 term, please email Isadora Italia, campus engagement coordinator.