The Museum Club
Museum Club members serve as a bridge between the museum and the student body.
Interested in learning more about museums? Want to play a part in the reopening of the new Hood Museum of Art? Join the Museum Club!
The Museum Club brings together students who share a common interest in art, material culture, and museums. Museum Club members serve as a bridge between the student body and the museum by promoting awareness of the Hood’s collections and resources, planning and hosting student events, and advising Hood staff.
- All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to join, regardless of class year or familiarity with museums and/or art. Space may be limited.
- Club members will help plan the student party celebrating the museum reopening.
- Club members will work together to organize lively student-centered events throughout the year.
- Club members must be available to attend additional museum and/or campus events as a volunteer representative of the Hood at least once a term. Examples may include the annual Mimosas at the Museum event in June, Orientation Week, etc.
- Club members will also have the option to sign up for paid shifts as a student visitor services guide through Dartmouth’s Student Employment Office. This is not a requirement for participation in the Museum Club.
Why is the Museum Club awesome? Club members will:
- Work with museum staff to launch new student engagement initiatives and reopen the Hood after its multiyear expansion project.
- Plan and host fun and creative events at the Hood for students and campus audiences.
- Be the first to get museum swag and behind-the-scenes opportunities.
- Gain experience working with museum professionals in a museum setting.
- Meet other students who are interested in museums/the arts over weekly meetings with food.
Applications are now closed for the 2018 fall term. If you are interested in joining the Museum Club starting winter term of 2019, please email Isadora Italia, campus engagement coordinator.