The museum has closed its galleries and suspended all in-person programming until further notice. Virtual programming continues online!
The Hood Museum of Art at Dartmouth enables and cultivates transformative encounters with works of artistic and cultural significance to advance critical thinking and enrich people's lives.
To realize this purpose for all, we:
- articulate the character and value of encountering original works of art and material culture;
- promote engaged learning, creative activity, and meaningful scholarship;
- create challenging and exploratory interactions with art and artists to spark curiosity and develop fresh insights into the world around us;
- present open fora for discourse and discovery;
- collaborate to acquire, catalogue, curate, and preserve our collection;
- respond to the needs and interests of our audiences; and
- foster a culture of inclusion.
The museum has closed its galleries until further notice, and staff is working remotely.
We continue to develop virtual access and other digital resources! Visit the Events & Programs page for new virtual programming listings. During our closure, stay connected with us and #HoodMuseumFromHome! Click here to learn how you can continue to explore and learn.
Contact the Museum
Office hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., except holidays
Offices: (603) 646-2808
Fax: (603) 646-1400
Hood Museum of Art
6 East Wheelock Street
Hanover, NH 03755
Friends of the Hood Museum of Art
The encouragement, contributions, and participation of our supporters help this institution enrich lives through art. It's free and easy to become a Friend today!
Rather than paying membership dues up front, we ask that our Friends consider an annual contribution to the Friends of the Hood. These donations are 100% tax deductible and directly support Hood exhibitions, programs, and services. We will reach out to you late each year for your support, but you can give at any time.