Collected by an American Consul in Oaxaca, Mexico between 1892-1912; acquired by Carlton Crosby, Brooklyn, Massachusetts, about 1912-1914 [for Gordon Meader]; acquired by Gordon Meader (1896-1974), St. Davis, Pennsylvania, about 1912-1914; lent to Dr. Henry Libby, Libby Museum, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire until 1930; given to the present collection, 1966.
This record is part of an active database that includes information from historic documentation that may not have been recently reviewed. Information may be inaccurate or incomplete. We also acknowledge some language and imagery may be offensive, violent, or discriminatory. These records reflect the institution’s history or the views of artists or scholars, past and present. Our collections research is ongoing.
We welcome questions, feedback, and suggestions for improvement. Please contact us at: Hood.Collections@dartmouth.edu