The Hood Museum of Art welcomes school groups to explore the world of art!
While the museum is closed for expansion, tours at Hood Downtown, the Orozco murals, and public art on campus are available to school groups and the public, free of charge. Tours actively engage visitors with original works of art and improve their visual literacy.
If you would like to receive information about our tours and other programs directly via our mailings and email announcements, please contact the Education Department.
How to Schedule a Group Tour
- Choose the exhibition or area of the collection that best meets the needs and interests of your students and curriculum. (See the current tour descriptions for more information.)
- Choose possible dates and times that you would like to visit.
- Contact the Education Department a few weeks in advance via email or at (603) 646-1469.
- After your visit is scheduled, you will receive confirmation materials by email. Please read them carefully; they contain important information about arrival details, directions and parking, and chaperone expectations.
- Before your visit, a museum docent (tour guide) will contact you to learn more about your goals and expectations for your visit.