Member Programs & Events
Your membership brings with it many exciting opportunities to explore our exhibitions at Hood Downtown and to take part in wide-ranging programs and special events. We offer these activities with sincere thanks for your support.
Member Lunch with Director John Stomberg
Monday, March 6, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Current members are invited to join Virginia Rice Kelsey 1961s Director John Stomberg for conversation and a catered lunch in Faculty Lounge, Hopkins Center. The cost is $25 per person. Space is limited. For more information and to register, please call (603) 646-0414 or email Julie.Ann.I.Otis@dartmouth.edu.
ANNUAL LATHROP FELLOWS TRIP
One of the many benefits of being a Lathrop Fellow is being invited to take part in an exclusive, specially designed annual travel program, where you have an opportunity to learn more about the arts—about collecting, connoisseurship, and the curatorial process—in the company of others who share the same interests and wish to demonstrate their support for Hood.
2017 Lathrop and Bentley Fellows Arts Trip: The Berkshires
Thursday, August 3-Sunday, August 6, 2017
The directors of the Hood Museum of Art and the Hopkins Center for the Arts are delighted to announce a joint Lathrop and Bentley Fellows trip, combining the visual and performing arts, to the stunning Berkshires region of western Massachusetts in late-summer 2017.
The unique itinerary includes:
- Tours of the region's leading visual arts organizations including the Clark Art Institute, the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Frelinghuysen Morris House & Studio, as well as a private collection.
- A tour and performance at Jacob's Pillow, the country's oldest, internationally acclaimed summer dance festival
- Performances at two of the Berkshires' award-winning theater companies
- Yo-Yo Ma at Tanglewood
- A reception at the home of Hans Morris, chair of the Hopkins Center Board
Activities will begin Thursday afternoon and conclude Sunday afternoon. Accommodations have been arranged at Hotel on North, and eclectic boutique hotel centrally located in downtown Pittsfield and one of Architectural Digest's favorite new American hotels of 2015.
The itinerary is still in development and subject to change. Full itinerary details, including costs, coming soon.
Questions about this trip or your the status of your Lathrop Fellows membership? Please contact Julie Ann Otis, Hood Development and Membership Coordinator, at email@example.com, or call (603) 646-0414.
Additional Travel Opportunity in May 2017
The Arts in America's Heartland: Crystal Bridges & Kansas City
Sunday, May 21-Thursday, May 25, 2017
Join fellow friends of the Hood and Dartmouth on this exciting trip led by John R. Stomberg, Ph.D.,Virginia Rice Kelsey 1961s Director, Hood Museum of Art, Dartmouth. Offered by Dartmouth College Alumni Travel. When the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art opened in 2011, the art world was stunned. Here was a collection of the highest caliber housed in a gorgeous building in the most unlikely place--Bentonville, Arkansas, the hometown of its founder, Alice Walton. In a similar way, powerful personalities in Kansas City had earlier transformed their city into a renowned destination for art. Celebrate the arts on a privileged program to these two remarkable cities, with private curatorial tours and visits to collectors' homes.
- Discover the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, designed by Moshe Safdie and situated in the picturesque Ozarks.
- Enjoy receptions in collectors' homes to view outstanding private collections.
- Tour the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art in Kansas City in the company of a curator.
- Walk along the Crystal Bridges Art Trail to experience James Turrell's site-specific work, The Way of Color, at sunset.
- Go backstage at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, also designed by Safdie.
- Dine at Kansas City's renowned fine restaurants.
Participants do not need to be members of the Hood or alums of Dartmouth. For more information and to register for the trip today, please visit the Alumni Travel website.