The Hood Museum of Art at Dartmouth enables and cultivates transformative encounters with works of artistic and cultural significance to advance critical thinking and enrich people’s lives.
To realize this purpose for all, we:
- articulate the character and value of encountering original works of art and material culture;
- promote engaged learning, creative activity, and meaningful scholarship;
- create challenging and exploratory interactions with art and artists to spark curiosity and develop fresh insights into the world around us;
- present open fora for discourse and discovery;
- collaborate to acquire, catalogue, curate, and preserve our collection; and
- respond to the needs and interests of our audiences.
The galleries are now closed for expansion and renovation. The museum will reopen on January 26, 2019.
Contact the Museum
Office hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., except holidays
Hood Downtown: (603) 646-2900
Offices: (603) 646-2808
Fax: (603) 646-1400
Email: [email protected]
Hood Museum of Art
6 East Wheelock Street
Hanover, NH 03755
Friends of the Hood Museum of Art
The encouragement, contributions, and participation of our supporters help this institution enrich lives through art. It's free and easy to become a Friend today!
Rather than paying membership dues upfront, we are asking that our Friends consider an annual contribution to the Friends of the Hood. These donations are 100% tax deductible and directly support Hood exhibitions, programs, and services. We will reach out to you late each year for your support, but you can give at any time.